Overview of the Firm
From a culture of excellence, the BrooksGroup passionately represents our clients in intellectual property matters including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and related business interests. Our clients are some of the fastest moving, most innovative, and largest companies in the world – real world class competitors. And we are extremely proud to be their counsel.
Innovation impacts our clients’ competitiveness, productivity, and financial success. Intellectual property is an extremely important asset to our clients and we are mindful of the importance of that asset in our representation. Our clients also have a keen interest in successfully navigating the minefield of competitors’ intellectual property, a task that requires their intellectual property counsel to be at the top of their game. To protect our clients’ important assets and interests, we at the BrooksGroup strive to be the best of the best.
BrooksGroup – Counsel for World Class Competitors
The BrooksGroup is a full-service intellectual property firm. We provide counsel in all areas of intellectual property law including business matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and unfair competition.
Practice concentration areas
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting domestic and foreign utility and design patent applications.
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting domestic and foreign trademark applications.
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting domestic copyright registrations.
- Litigation involving enforcement or defense of actions involving patents, trademarks, trade names, or copyrights.
- Participation in intellectual property review boards, asset portfolio management and counseling.
- Acquisitions and divestures involving intellectual property assets.
- Preparing and negotiating licensing agreements.
- Investigating and preparing validity opinions, infringement opinions and non-infringement opinions.
- Handling patent inter parte examinations, ex parte examinations, reissues and appeals.
- Trademark oppositions and cancelation proceedings.
- Intellectual Property due diligence.